Monday, September 28, 2009
8:43 pm I bought it.
Conversations with My Father
It's a bright Sunday morning. Stephanie is sitting at the kitchen table, probably clipping coupons. Dad is also seated at the kitchen table, in front of the laptop. An Excel spreadsheet with the family budget is on the screen. Tara floats down the stairs, looking radiant, as per usual.
Dad: Tara, did you buy clothes yesterday?
Tara: Why yes, Father, I did.
Dad: With whose money?
Tara: Mine! I'm an independent woman, Dad.
(Tara and Stephanie throw their hands in the air at the same time and proceed to sing and dance around the kitchen to the Destiny's Child hit, "Independent Woman Part I")
Dad: Remind me to have a conversation with you about the meaning of the word "independent."
Love,
Tara
All the women who independent, throw your hands up at me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment